Technical Support
 UserDataDir and ram disk.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jhopple

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  10:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am trying to relocate my VA data directory to a ram disk to speed up scanning and access. Setting UserDataDir in the registry to a folder in the ram disk works fine and after a reboot VA recreates the folder as expected. However this also seems to relocate the snippets folder and VA only copies a 'first install' version of the snippets to the ram disk and not my edited version.

How can I get VA to use my snippets but still move the VA data directory to a ram disk or is this even possible?

Thanks.
J.Hopple

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  1:39:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA doesn't migrate data to the alternate data dir. If the alternate is empty, then VA populates it as if it were a new install.

If your alternate directory is not persistent you will loose many things -- words added to spell check dictionary, step filter configuration, exported registry settings, clipboard history, hashtag configuration. Consider creating a script to save and restore the contents of the ramdisk to persistent storage.
Go to Top of Page

jhopple

2 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2015 :  3:06:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok. Maybe consider this feature request - I think it would be useful to have the ability store the caches in ram.

Thanks.
J.Hopple
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000