Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 UserDataDir and ram disk.

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jhopple Posted - Jun 10 2015 : 10:17:40 AM
I am trying to relocate my VA data directory to a ram disk to speed up scanning and access. Setting UserDataDir in the registry to a folder in the ram disk works fine and after a reboot VA recreates the folder as expected. However this also seems to relocate the snippets folder and VA only copies a 'first install' version of the snippets to the ram disk and not my edited version.

How can I get VA to use my snippets but still move the VA data directory to a ram disk or is this even possible?

Thanks.
J.Hopple
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jhopple Posted - Jun 10 2015 : 3:06:39 PM
Ok. Maybe consider this feature request - I think it would be useful to have the ability store the caches in ram.

Thanks.
J.Hopple
sean Posted - Jun 10 2015 : 1:39:00 PM
VA doesn't migrate data to the alternate data dir. If the alternate is empty, then VA populates it as if it were a new install.

If your alternate directory is not persistent you will loose many things -- words added to spell check dictionary, step filter configuration, exported registry settings, clipboard history, hashtag configuration. Consider creating a script to save and restore the contents of the ramdisk to persistent storage.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000