Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jeff
Whole Tomato Software

USA
260 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2019 :  10:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are reading this post, chances are good you are waiting for a serial number, or you don't know what to do with one.

Serial numbers are sent after review of each purchase by our licensing team, which occurs Mon-Fri, CT (UTC-5), during normal business hours.

Instructions for registering Visual Assist with a serial number, including the requirement for build 2318 or newer, are available at:
https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W841

Edited by - Jeff on Mar 21 2019 7:31:42 PM

peterchen
Tomato Guru

126 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  4:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jeff,

Don't get me wrong, but the new purchase and registration process was a pretty shabby experience. Writing you to encourage you to improve

- the "Buy" link from my old VAX installation didn't work: it goes to the web site, but after choosing product and payment method, I get an error about a misconfigured order (sorry, I don't remember the exact wording). Had to go to the home page, and purchase from there

- Wait for the next day. You've heard it often enough by now I guess, but: hey, the nineties want their internet back!

- the old VAX installation (that was expired after having to wait) would only ask for an old-style licence key, go dormant, and give me no ohter option to enter any key

- Updating to the new version through Visual Studio 2017 Update Manager didn't work, installation said the product is already installed. Had to manually uninstall, download and reinstall

- the "Download General Release" requires me to check "I agree to receive Whole Tomato marketing communications via email and phone calls", otherwise I couldn't proceed to the download. I know a few jurisdications where govt legal wants a word with you

- I've been told I can revoke this later "any time". I haven't found where. Please advise.

- Having to create an account and IDERA. I now require two accounts for using your product - one for the forums, one for the purchase. I am not trying to enter Fort Knox. Let it be known that both user names and passwords are now in a text file on my desktop.

- In the whole process, I had to enter first name, last name, email, and country three times: to purchase, to download, and to register the IDERA account.

- Oh, each time I had to enter my company, too. Right after explicitely confirming that the product I chose is for personal use.

Contrary to appearance, I **do** have better things to do than complain here. That's 20 minutes of my sleep lost like tears in the rain etc. I want you to know how your product right now looks from the outside, and I need you to know that it's not just the wait time.

If I wasn't a long term user - who, let's be honest here, wouldn't get a line of code written because of VAX widhdrawal - If I were a new user, you'd already have lost me. It felt like we had a date, but you sent you smelly uncle to cover for you.

Enjoy.

Edited by - peterchen on Mar 21 2019 4:45:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jeff
Whole Tomato Software

USA
260 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  8:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter:
I appreciate your taking time to articulate your feedback. It's excellent.

"Buy" link failing is bug IDERA-17240.

Old VA installation's going dormant is expected, but wouldn't have been necessary if the "Buy" link worked.

Updating via the VS 2017 Update Manager should give you the already-installed message only if you had build 2318, which is the build in the Visual Studio Marketplace. (2318 is one older than the newest.) I'm curious to know what build you had.

I believe that opting out at IDERA pertains also to Whole Tomato Software. (Both are Idera, Inc. companies.) You can opt-out at IDERA using a link in section 11 of our privacy policy. Confirming the relationship is bug IDERA-17485.
https://www.wholetomato.com/company/privacyPolicy

Requiring a company for a personal license is bug IDERA-17484.

-Jeff

Edited by - Jeff on Mar 21 2019 9:16:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

chillywilson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  09:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Someone bought me this for Cmas.

This seem like an extremly bad way to get your software out there.
I've done the registration with IDERA and now I'm still waiting for them to approve it.

This is like buying MIDI in the early 2000's where they send the liscence to a thrid party so they can collect your email to send ads for other software.
It would be a better process if we could just use the software we buy, like every software I buy.

If I don't hear back buy the end of this work day, I would like a full refund if that is possible?
Go to Top of Page

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  10:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello chilly,

Please check your spam folder. Do you see the email you are waiting for there?

If not, are you waiting to be issued a license after purchase?
Go to Top of Page

chillywilson

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2020 :  4:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see anything in the spam.

I was getting invalid/waiting for approval when registering in VS.
I just check now and it worked, it failed for well over 24 hours.

Go to Top of Page

SparkyMcSparks
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2020 :  11:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bought a personal license for myself, got the email with key, and then when I go to make an Embarcadero account it says I already have one even though I don't recall making one?

I tried to do a password reset but it doesn't send me an email to the account it says I'm already registered with (I checked spam folder too).
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2020 :  1:49:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@SparkyMcSparks Sorry for the trouble. Please send a message to [email protected]. They will be able to get the account squared up.
Go to Top of Page

CainGodTier
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2020 :  12:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How did the email to register for the forums arrive so fast but I've been waiting 3 days for my Product Registration email. Im getting super frustrated dealing with this process.. YES i checked my spam MULTIPLE TIMES! I really want my money back, this process alone has turned me off of the product.. No one should have to pay for something and work so hard to get it like i didnt already pay.. I need help ASAP

" All beings have the ability to copy, only a GOD can create"
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2020 :  1:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@CainGodTier Sorry to hear of the trouble. Have you been in contact with the sales dept or the licensing support team ([email protected])? You can send refund requests to [email protected].
Go to Top of Page

ifisch

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  5:18:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it 1995? Seriously wtf?
Go to Top of Page

himom

3 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2021 :  12:54:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your new registration system is terrible. Just another unhappy customer.
Go to Top of Page

DarthB
Starting Member

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  06:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I get problems to re-register a license. I didn't get why I cannot use it anymore in the first place. The purchase was on 9. March.

If I try to register the license, I get an error that says: either the user or the pw is wrong. Although, I did store them in a password database.

I tried to reset the password, but the product portal is not responding.

I never had problems with earlier purchases and hope this problem can be solved before my "trial" expires.

Best regards
Tim Janus
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Apr 15 2021 :  09:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please email [email protected] about this, they will be able to help you with this.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

CodeName

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2021 :  06:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So initially i was infuriated by what i thought was a retarded licensing process but it turns out it was gmail rejecting the mails due to a DMARC policy setting

So i apologise for being rude and hotheaded, problem solved and all is good.

p.s. Check your spamfolders.. the second mail with the actual license ended up there

Space for rent - $2 /Month

Edited by - CodeName on Apr 22 2021 2:12:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

Daniel Kaminski
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  1:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I am trying to register an older version of VA (10.9.2089.0 built 2016.02.01) in VS6.
All this worked great in my old machine, but now I am not able to get VA registered in my new machine.

Do I need to buy a new license? Not really sure what could be the issue. Here are some details from my license purchased Feb 28, 2019.

Order Number: A2F0B000002LHG4EAM/WHOLE TOMATO/201922891712847
Item Number: 201922891712847 (Visual Assist � Personal)
PO# 20190328074555
License Certificate Number: 497325

The error message says 'Invalid Key'

DK
Go to Top of Page

Ummul Khair
Whole Tomato Software

1 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2021 :  3:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Daniel,

No, you do not need to purchase a new license. We switched to a new licensing system mid February 2019, and the new serial numbers cannot be used to activate older builds.

Please contact [email protected] to request a legacy key that can be used to activate older builds.

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Kaminski

Hi,
I am trying to register an older version of VA (10.9.2089.0 built 2016.02.01) in VS6.
All this worked great in my old machine, but now I am not able to get VA registered in my new machine.

Do I need to buy a new license? Not really sure what could be the issue. Here are some details from my license purchased Feb 28, 2019.

Order Number: A2F0B000002LHG4EAM/WHOLE TOMATO/201922891712847
Item Number: 201922891712847 (Visual Assist � Personal)
PO# 20190328074555
License Certificate Number: 497325

The error message says 'Invalid Key'

Ummul Khair

Edited by - Ummul Khair on Apr 30 2021 4:13:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kap98k

Russia
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  1:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I have the following problem.
I bought Visual Assist - Personal License (PO: 20211224083727) on 12/24/2021 and didn't receive the activation key.
I understand there were some holidays in between, however, 3 weeks is a bit much!
I sent an email to [email protected] and [email protected], but it's been 2 days and I still have no response.
Does anyone know how to receive the activation key or a refund?
Go to Top of Page

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  1:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very sorry that happened, Kap98k.

Could you please check your SPAM folder? I have also contacted sales, so you should see your serial number soon if you don't find it in SPAM.
Go to Top of Page

Kap98k

Russia
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  2:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisG

Could you please check your SPAM folder? I have also contacted sales, so you should see your serial number soon if you don't find it in SPAM.

Yes, of course.
I checked SPAM folder, but i don't find letters with domain *@embarcadero.com or *@wholetomato.com.
Go to Top of Page

Kap98k

Russia
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  6:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisG

CrisG, thank you for help! I received the key.
Go to Top of Page

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  9:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kap98k,

That's good to hear. Thanks for following up.

As a customer service gesture we have extended your maintenance through 6/23/23.

Again, sorry you had to wait so long.
Go to Top of Page

concernedape
Starting Member

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2022 :  11:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have the same issue as Kap98k.

I purchased a personal license for Visual Assist two days ago (PO 20220126142552). The money has successfully been taken out of my account. However I have yet to receive any email, not even a payment confirmation email. Right now, as a customer, I feel like I've just been scammed. I sent an email to [email protected], to no avail. Of course I have checked my spam folders, nothing is there.

This is not a very fun purchase experience.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2022 :  11:56:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have just emailed licenses as well, in the hopes that this will help to move things along for you. Apologies for this, this isn't how things should work.

Go to Top of Page

denim
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  10:15:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello.

I bought Visual Assist - Personal License (PO: 20220203071056) and didn't receive the activation key.
I checked SPAM folder, but i don't find letter with activation key.
Go to Top of Page

lex

40 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2022 :  3:47:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I just re-bought VA after taking a break for a couple of years. The registration process is a nightmare. Not only do we have to wait until "normal US business hours" until the license key is emailed, we also have to create an online account in order to use it. This is one hell of an archaic system!

I noticed the option "Import license file" in the registration dialog. How do I generate such a license file from my license? That would make my life much easier whenever I need to register a new VS instance.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2022 :  07:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for the problems, we try to balance a smooth system with a reasonable level of license checking.

So long as you are using another VS instance on the same system you don't have to do anything, the already activated license will simply be picked up and will work in any and all instances of Visual Studio, which should make your life easier.

Go to Top of Page

foxmuldr
Tomato Guru

USA
379 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2022 :  10:48:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Apologies for the problems, we try to balance a smooth system with a reasonable level of license checking.

You could go back to the old system and simply monitor the number of unique instances of each key being in use with a small "phone home" protocol when the user would log in and the system would normally "check for updates." You can require that the user communicate to verify licensing, and if they're offline, allow a grace period of so many days, then a warning, then disable features.

You could easily monitor if too many IP addresses are using a particular license, and then revoke that license, or send out an email to the license holder asking what's going on, and issue them a new license, and revoke the old one.

Surely there's a better way to handle licensing than this.

Right now, I'm trying to transfer my system over from one laptop to another. I've had difficulties trying to track down the licensing information because I wasn't the one who purchased it, but other people in the company did. I'm now having to come here to get assistance. If it were the old style I would already be up and running.

It's an unnecessarily difficult licensing scheme IMHO.

Go to Top of Page

foxmuldr
Tomato Guru

USA
379 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2022 :  11:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just tried to reset my password using the Idera interface and the message popped up about Whole Tomato, Inc. being an Idera company. I hadn't seen that before because I don't visit here very often, but now I see now why this new system exists.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2022 :  12:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you reset your password successfully now? This page should help explain checking the license portal for your license details:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W851

You can also contact our license department for specific questions at [email protected]

Go to Top of Page

foxmuldr
Tomato Guru

USA
379 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2022 :  4:06:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Have you reset your password successfully now? This page should help explain checking the license portal for your license details:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W851

You can also contact our license department for specific questions at [email protected]

I don't know. I sent the password request in through the interface with the registered email, but it's someone from our IT department that purchased this version for me and that email will go to them. I contacted them but have not heard back. So I don't know if it's an issue not sending out the link, or what.

This new license system is a hassle FWIW.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000