New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wxz
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2017 :  11:32:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,

I found that if property sheets are used to specify include folders in a project, Visual Assist is not able to find the symbols defined in those headers.

The workaround I use now is to manually add those folders in VA options C/C++ Directories. Is there a better way to do it?

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  11:57:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This should be working correctly with one caveat: after modifying the property sheet, you will need to close and then re-open the solution for VA to see the changes.

If it still doesn't work, can you please try rebuilding your symbol databases?
VA Options -> Rebuild

If this does not address the problem, then a log file of the solution load would be helpful:
http://www.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5489
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2017 :  1:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are the header files contained in these property sheet directories actually included in your solution?

If you write a #include line for a header file in one of these property sheet directories, is the file name suggested? Is the correct path to the file then shown in the VA Context and Definition fields when you place the caret into the file name?

Using VS2015 and VA 2118, I have set up a test case for this.

In my property sheet, I have set a path in the:

C/C++ -> Additional Include Directories

field of the property sheet, and made sure I reloaded the solution. VA does not list the class inside this header file at first, but this is before I actually include the header file in my solution. Since the header file has never been included VA has no reason to parse it, but it does know how to find the file when I #include it.

After adding the #include line for this header file, the class and class members in this property sheet are shown in VA's Find Symbol dialog.

How close is this to your situation and experience?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000