Technical Support
 VA Kills XMAL Intellisense in VS2017 RC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jyoung

21 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2017 :  5:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I installed VS2017 RC a couple of weeks ago but did not add in VA as extension. I'm working on some Windows UWP apps in C++. Intellisense in the XAML editor was working just fine in VS2017. Later I re-install VA and associated it with VS2017. Right after doing that intellisense no longer worked in the XAML editor. I tried excluding XAML files from being processed and I even removed VA as an extension to VS2017. None of this would bring back XAML intellisense. The only way to get XAML intellisense back was to uninstall VS2017 and re-install.

This is the exact same problem I was having in VS2013 and VS2015. Below is the link to another forum thread I created about this issue.

http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12060&SearchTerms=XAML

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2017 :  09:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am sorry about this problem. It looks like I was never able to get to the bottom of this problem last time.

Do you currently have VA installed, or not installed, at this point?

Which version of VS2017 are you running? I have just tested this with

VS2017 version 15.0.0-RC.3+26127.3

which is the current up to date version. I also have VA 2118, installed from the online gallery.

VA is active in XAML files for me, and I am still getting intellisense listboxes in the XAML editor, the bottom portion of the screen showing the XML text / code.

If you make a new, default XAML solution, do you get intellisense there? I am wondering if somehow this could be related to your solution, but I don't see how or why.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000