Technical Support
 Can't reinstall on Windows 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

riplikash

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  3:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just installed windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Beta 2.

I'm trying to re-install VAX 1812, which I previously had working with Visual Studio 2010 on XP.

However, I can't seem to get it running. When I run the VA_X_Setup1812.exe it claims to have installed correctly, but I can't make it come up and it does not appear on my add-ins manager. And I did go through the FAQ and check the given solution of enabling add-ins through tools->options->enviroment->add-in/macro security.

I have also tried installing with the VA_X_Setup1812.vsix package, but that gives me the error "The extension manifest is invalid".

Any ideas about what is causing this problem?

Some additional information:

I was running the trial version of the software and nearing the expiration date, in fact I am certain that it is expired now.

I upgraded Windows and was hoping to purchase the full version, but wanted to get it up and running again before I did.

The Windows install was a complete install, not just an upgrade. I was going from Vista Home Premium to 7 Professional, so upgrading wasn't an option.

Edited by - riplikash on Feb 16 2010 4:09:25 PM

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  5:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Build 1812 will not work in Beta 2. We no longer support Beta 2 but Build 1810 will install in Beta 2. I haven't seen the invalid manifest message before, but we haven't tried installing 1812 into Beta 2, so I suspect it is related to having built parts of 1812 in the RC.

See http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9359 and http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9358
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2010 :  5:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, the .exe setup will not install VA into VS2010.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000