New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dcastonguay

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2024 :  3:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I just wanted to report a small annoyance that I'm encountering often enough to justify a ticket.

When using Shift+Alt+O to open the Open File in Solution dialog, I often want to close it immediately for various reasons (either because I mistakenly opened it when I wanted to use the Win+Alt+O global shortcut that I have mapped to something else, or simply because I just realized that I am in the right file after all, or some other reason).

My first instinct is to tap Escape and assume it will immediately close the window. However, each and every time this window opens itself, it does _something_ that prevents the user from closing it for a short while. We can see that in action by looking at the "Cancel" button which becomes a grayed out "Stop" button for a little while. It usually takes only a fraction of a second before it becomes "Cancel" again, but that fraction is enough for me not to be able to close the dialog when I want...

Is it possible to make this dialog closable with Escape at all times?

Thanks!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2024 :  10:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This isn't something I have ever noticed. How many files do you have in your solution?

If you open VA's Open File in Solution dialog (Alt-Shift-O) the title bar contains two numbers. The first number is the number of files currently listed, which changes as you filter the list. The second number is the total number of files in the list, which is normally the number of files in your solution. What is this second number?

I am wondering if the number of files being listed is a factor here.

After loading an Unreal Engie solution, one with 56,000 files, I am seeing the pause. Its very slight, but clearly the number of files is the trigger, if its large enough. I have put in a bug report for this:

case=164302

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000