VS stops responding on project open
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CliffyP
Ketchup Master

55 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2023 :  1:55:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a problem I have noticed with latest VA on VS 2022 is when opening a project in which it already has cached data for.

Where VS will just stop responding indefinitely, using the restart option in the stop responded pop up menu and it will then stop responding again although it seems to have gotten past it this time.

Opening VS without opening a project and then clearing the VA cached data and clicking the rebuild symbols database button and then restarting VS and launching the project it will then no longer stop responding (until the next time I launch it when the cached data exists)

The project I'm using is Unreal Engine 5.2.1

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2023 :  06:29:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can I just confirm the version numbers of VS2022 and Visual Assist?

There is the problem with VS2022 version 17.7.0 and above, causing VA not to load due to the "VaMenuPackage" error on start up. This has been fixed in VA 2500.0, so I just want to eliminate this as a possible factor.

Is this problem project specific? If you make or open a simple, non Unreal Engine project, do you still see this problem?

When you are able to open VS2022 and your Unreal Engine solution successfully, if you go into the VA Options dialog, and look at the C/C++ Directories page, and look at your stable include directory list, are the Unreal Engine directories listed? You should see a LONG list of directories, basically listing all of the directories inside your UE engine directory tree, if VA is correctly picking up your UE install.

Having said that, even if VA isn't picking up your UE install correctly, you should not be seeing a problem like this.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000