New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yxwfrank2016
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2023 :  02:02:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
system: win10, vs2017
I installed the VA_X_Setup2283_0, even the latest VA_X_Setup2476_0 to vs2017, but no toolbar or any command of va in vs2017, but can only see the va in extension manager. I try to uninstall the vs2017, but cannot fix it. How can I do next?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2023 :  08:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for this problem, I believe that what you are seeing is caused by a problem in your IDE profile settings. Thankfully this is fairly simple.� The first step is to export your default profiles IDE settings, since the fix resets your current settings.� This is done via:

IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

Now you need to close all instances of the IDE and locate the directory where your default profile is stored.� This will be:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_xxxxx
where xxxxx is a hash, so its machine specific.� There should only be one directory matching this pattern.

If you look inside this directory you should see a file called "privateregistry.bin".� You need to delete this file, which will be recreated next time you load the IDE. You will either get the default IDE settings or your online synced IDE settings, if you have enabled this option.� So you may well want to import your exported IDE settings, to restore your preferred settings.

When you do so all of your installed extensions will still be installed, but they will be Disabled, so you need to go into the dialog:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

and Enable them.� This will require an IDE restart to take effect.

At this point Visual Assist should be active and working normally.

Did you start by installing VA_X_Setup2283_0.exe?

Did you previously have VA installed in VS2017 on this machine? I am looking for any form of pattern for when this is happening, since you are not the only person to have run into this problem.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000