Alt+G on functions with _Implementation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zeblote
Tomato Guru

183 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  08:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alt+G does not work on RPC (or similar) functions where one of them is using _Implementation, if the arguments are split over multiple lines.

Alt+G on Test takes me here

Instead of here

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  11:00:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what I would expect, since if you are using Alt-g on a call to "Test" then the only direct match is the declaration. From the declaration, if you press Alt-G again you should be taken to the implementation, since this is something VA knows to handle for Unreal code.

Do you have cases where Alt-g on the function call takes you directly to the _Implementation version of the function? Doing some simple tests here, using VS2017, VA 2341 and Unreal Engine 4.20 Alt-g is taking me directly to the declaration, where the function name matches exactly.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Zeblote
Tomato Guru

183 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  11:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I think I was unclear, yeah jumping to the declaration from calls to the function works fine. The problem is when I use alt+G with the cursor on the declaration (you can see the Test is still highlighted from me doing that) and then press alt+G, the cursor jumps to the left of the last line of the declaration (as shown) instead of the implementation.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  4:25:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, I follow now. That is strange, I would not expect the number of lines the declaration is split across to matter, but obviously it does. I have put in a bug report for this problem:

case=140913

Go to Top of Page

Zeblote
Tomato Guru

183 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  5:51:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found another example: alt+G does not let me jump to the definition of this function

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  1:00:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you mean the implementation / body of this function? I have entered the same function declaration here, and I am seeing the same Alt-g bug. Alt-g on the function name takes me to the end of the declaration.

However, if I go to the implementation manually, alt-g there takes me back to the declaration, as expected.

Given that this function is spread across several lines it looks like the same bug. If you reformat this declaration, so that the function name and all of the parameters are listed on just 2 lines of code then Alt-g starts working normally again.

I have added this example to the bug report.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000