New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeff
Whole Tomato Software

USA
257 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2019 :  10:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are reading this post, chances are good you are waiting for a serial number, or you don't know what to do with one.

Serial numbers are sent after review of each purchase by our licensing team, which occurs Mon-Fri, CT (UTC-5), during normal business hours.

Instructions for registering Visual Assist with a serial number, including the requirement for build 2318 or newer, are available at:
https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W841

Edited by - Jeff on Mar 21 2019 7:31:42 PM

peterchen
Tomato Guru

118 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  4:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Jeff,

Don't get me wrong, but the new purchase and registration process was a pretty shabby experience. Writing you to encourage you to improve

- the "Buy" link from my old VAX installation didn't work: it goes to the web site, but after choosing product and payment method, I get an error about a misconfigured order (sorry, I don't remember the exact wording). Had to go to the home page, and purchase from there

- Wait for the next day. You've heard it often enough by now I guess, but: hey, the nineties want their internet back!

- the old VAX installation (that was expired after having to wait) would only ask for an old-style licence key, go dormant, and give me no ohter option to enter any key

- Updating to the new version through Visual Studio 2017 Update Manager didn't work, installation said the product is already installed. Had to manually uninstall, download and reinstall

- the "Download General Release" requires me to check "I agree to receive Whole Tomato marketing communications via email and phone calls", otherwise I couldn't proceed to the download. I know a few jurisdications where govt legal wants a word with you

- I've been told I can revoke this later "any time". I haven't found where. Please advise.

- Having to create an account and IDERA. I now require two accounts for using your product - one for the forums, one for the purchase. I am not trying to enter Fort Knox. Let it be known that both user names and passwords are now in a text file on my desktop.

- In the whole process, I had to enter first name, last name, email, and country three times: to purchase, to download, and to register the IDERA account.

- Oh, each time I had to enter my company, too. Right after explicitely confirming that the product I chose is for personal use.

Contrary to appearance, I **do** have better things to do than complain here. That's 20 minutes of my sleep lost like tears in the rain etc. I want you to know how your product right now looks from the outside, and I need you to know that it's not just the wait time.

If I wasn't a long term user - who, let's be honest here, wouldn't get a line of code written because of VAX widhdrawal - If I were a new user, you'd already have lost me. It felt like we had a date, but you sent you smelly uncle to cover for you.

Enjoy.

Edited by - peterchen on Mar 21 2019 4:45:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jeff
Whole Tomato Software

USA
257 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2019 :  8:24:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peter:
I appreciate your taking time to articulate your feedback. It's excellent.

"Buy" link failing is bug IDERA-17240.

Old VA installation's going dormant is expected, but wouldn't have been necessary if the "Buy" link worked.

Updating via the VS 2017 Update Manager should give you the already-installed message only if you had build 2318, which is the build in the Visual Studio Marketplace. (2318 is one older than the newest.) I'm curious to know what build you had.

I believe that opting out at IDERA pertains also to Whole Tomato Software. (Both are Idera, Inc. companies.) You can opt-out at IDERA using a link in section 11 of our privacy policy. Confirming the relationship is bug IDERA-17485.
https://www.wholetomato.com/company/privacyPolicy

Requiring a company for a personal license is bug IDERA-17484.

-Jeff

Edited by - Jeff on Mar 21 2019 9:16:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2019 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000