suggestion list go above
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tianxia6

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  07:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use visual studio 2017 with visual assist x 2248,
when i enable va_x, the suggestion list go above of code, then, code above are blocked.

i hope it can work like visual studio default, but i cannot find the switch.

another question is whe i open the switch "show only suggestions in completion list in c#", the suggestion list do not show util i call "Ctrl+J"

tianxia6

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  07:06:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i use resharper c++ before, but it is to slowly to my pc. i uninstall it and install va_x, but now it work not very well.
I think it may conflict with other plugins,and uninstall almost all other plugins. but it's no use.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  08:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you seeing this problem in C++ code, C# code, or both?

How close to the bottom of the screen are you where you are typing? The listbox is designed to go above when you are at the very bottom of the screen, so there is no room for it below, but the rest of the time it is expected to go below.

For the listbox not appearing until you press Ctrl+J in C#, do you have:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C# -> General -> Auto list Members

turned On or Off? If this is turned Off, does turning this On make any difference?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

tianxia6

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  09:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my solution include both c++ and c#,but the editing file is cpp.
i test roll the line top,the suggestion box still above.

the c# option also error in c++.when check "show only...",c++ code do not show suggestion util ctrl+j or input var.this is not importmant for me, i have clost this.
but the first problem is that i donot want to use 1 seonds.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  11:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Also, can you please try making a new, default C++ solution, and see if you still get the listbox opening above? I am wondering if somehow this is solution or file specific. No idea why it should be, but its a quick and simple test.

Go to Top of Page

tianxia6

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2018 :  8:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cannot find your e-mail address from the profile. it's also cannot attatch a file not image. so i put the two file on dropbox. you can see there
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b2dwe59mi1g1ndr/AAAvNx06OkN2u_LtPs2kPgoya?dl=0

I create a new simple mfc application, the listbox still above.

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Can you please export your VA and IDE settings and send them to me:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then import them here and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Also, can you please try making a new, default C++ solution, and see if you still get the listbox opening above? I am wondering if somehow this is solution or file specific. No idea why it should be, but its a quick and simple test.

Edited by - tianxia6 on Jan 23 2018 8:40:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  08:25:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies, I forgot to mention how to send me the files. For future reference, please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

I have downloaded and applied your settings, and I still get listboxes below, not above. So your idea that another extension is involved makes sense.

To test this, can you please close all instances of the IDE and then using Windows Key + R, run the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /RootSuffix VATest

This will load VS2017 with a new, default profile, with only the default extensions installed. VA won't be installed. Can you first check that the listboxes appear below when typing, in this new profile?

If they do, can you please go to the:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

dialog, and install VA from the online store.

When you restart VS2017, you need to use this command line, with the command line switch, to get this new test profile. If you just load VS2017 without the command line switch then you will be returned to your normal profile, and your current settings and list of installed extensions.

Hopefully this test will tell us where to look for the trigger for listboxes appearing above when they should be below.

Go to Top of Page

tianxia6

5 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  9:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will test when my project complete, but now i use resharper c++ again.
I do not have time to do too many test these days.

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Apologies, I forgot to mention how to send me the files. For future reference, please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

I have downloaded and applied your settings, and I still get listboxes below, not above. So your idea that another extension is involved makes sense.

To test this, can you please close all instances of the IDE and then using Windows Key + R, run the command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe" /RootSuffix VATest

This will load VS2017 with a new, default profile, with only the default extensions installed. VA won't be installed. Can you first check that the listboxes appear below when typing, in this new profile?

If they do, can you please go to the:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

dialog, and install VA from the online store.

When you restart VS2017, you need to use this command line, with the command line switch, to get this new test profile. If you just load VS2017 without the command line switch then you will be returned to your normal profile, and your current settings and list of installed extensions.

Hopefully this test will tell us where to look for the trigger for listboxes appearing above when they should be below.

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  12:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand this. When you have the time to run some tests I will try to get to the bottom of this problem with you. I don't know what is causing this to happen, but its not a setting problem, which is some progress.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000