Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bhsharp
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2015 :  01:17:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I can't find a way to do this right now so thought I'd ask:

The single most annoying thing to me in my workflow in Visual Studio is that the suggestion dropdown will often come up when I am just navigating around lines with arrow keys fixing things - adding characters to var names I missed, etc.

But I also rely on the suggestion box in other cases - autocompleting function definition parameter lists, choosing members of objects, etc.

Can I make it so I have to hit a specific keystroke to bring up the suggestion box? I really just don't want it up most of the time it currently comes up, but I don't want to shut it off entirely.

This is absolutely my #1 frustration with my workflow in VS right now, certainly the thing that most interrupts my state of flow, so it may seem minor but it's a really big deal to me.

Thanks!!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2015 :  2:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends on exactly what you want to keep turned on, and what you want to disable.

I would suggest you start by turning Off:

VA Options -> Suggestions -> Include suggestions in listboxes

since this sounds like it is the source of the suggestions you don't want. For completing function definition parameter lists, are you aware of the Create Implementation and Move Implementation to Source File refactoring commands?

Create Implementation - http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W163
Move Implementation to Source File - http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W158

Turning off include suggestions won't stop the listbox showing a list of members from appearing when you type dot, -> or ::

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000