Feature Requests
 Exclude files by pattern or directory name
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

imays

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  3:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am using another software which shows Diff View of source files. It shows the result in Visual Studio.
While showing the result, two temporary files are made on Temporary folder such as C:\\Users\\USER_NAME\\AppData\\Local\\Temp.

Unfortunately Visual Assist also parses these files, so Find Symbol window also shows symbols in that temp files, and it makes me confusing.

I think it is better if Visual Assist be able to ignore files in some directories or those that matches patterns I specify.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2015 :  8:36:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not quite sure what is happening on your system. What is being opened in the IDE? The two code files to diff, or the diff result, or both?

If you are opening code files in the IDE then VA will assume that you want it to pay attention, since the files are opened in the IDE.

Are you able to configure the file extension for these diff files? I would not expect a diff file to have a .cpp extension, since being a diff file, its not a normal code file. If you could set the files to have a file extension that tells VA that they are not code files then VA will ignore them.

The setting:

VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Extensions to ignore

may help here.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000