Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pk_asw
Ketchup Master

Czech Republic
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2014 :  4:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
[Win7 x64, VC 2012, VAX 10.9.2052, VAX settings: http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/20141125224616.zip]

When I include new C/C++ Directory ("C:\\Program files\\ddkwdk_7600\\inc"), press Rebuild button and relaunch VC, then VAX doesn't parse any file from the given folder. Even when I moved entire "ddkwdk_7600" folder to C: root, it didn't help. I started Process Monitor tool to see if VAX opens this folder, but it doesn't walk through any directories there (it only tries to open some files which doesn't exist there at all -- callstack shows open request is from VA_X.dll module) -- see pic.

Thanks,
Petr

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2014 :  4:57:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is very strange. When you type a:

#include <>

line, are any of the header files in this directory tree being suggested?

If you add a #include line for one of the header files in this directory tree, and then place the caret into the file name, what if anything does VA show in its context and definition fields? These fields are normally at the top of the editor window and are where the Alt-M list appears.

I have imported your settings here, onto a Windows 7 64bit machine, with VS2012 and VA 2052. I created the directory:

C:\\Program Files\\ddkwdk_7600\\inc\
and placed 3 test header files into this directory tree. These test headers are being suggested when I type the #include <> line, the full path to the file is shown when I place the caret into the file name, and alt-g on the file name takes me to the test header file.

My first guess is a permissions problem, so that VA does not have permissions to check this directory on your system, but if so that should be reported in the trace you have posted, and there is no sign of it.

Do you have the time to create a new, default C++ console application and test if the directory is picked up from within this application? I am wondering if somehow this is a solution specific problem.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

pk_asw
Ketchup Master

Czech Republic
66 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  08:03:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your feedback.
1. #include <> doesn't include any file from the folder.
2. #include <> with exact file from ddkwdk_7600 folder is opened correctly with Alt+G
It's not also a permission problem, because I'm logged as Administrator.

However, during testing case #2 I observed one odd thing:
source code: http://public.avast.com/~kurtin/vax_code.cpp
when I enable "A" #include, I get hint (not marked with VAX fruit): "NTSTATUS test(<error-type> DO)", when I enable "B" #include I get this hint: "NTSTATUS test( DEVICE_OBJECT DO)" (with VAX fruit pic)

I'll do some more tests tonight.

Edited by - pk_asw on Nov 27 2014 08:04:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2014 :  3:57:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A stupid question, but does your solution compile? I am wondering if the directory settings are being picked up correctly in the solution, since that might explain why the file names are not being suggested when you type the #include <> line.

For the hint, what are you doing to trigger the hint? Are you talking about the tooltip that shows the parameters for a function call? The difference here could be that in one case the IDE is providing the tooltip, but in the other it is not, so VA is stepping in to provide the tooltip after deciding that the IDE is not helping.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000