Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Find References restricted to current project?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dewtell

18 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  7:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the latest VAX, I'm finding that Find References is now missing references that it used to find. I don't have a small test case yet, but casually, it looks like the missing references are from other projects than the current project. I just did Find References on a utility typedef from a .h file that is used all over our system, and the only references it found were 11 references from the same project that the .h file lives in. (In contrast, Find In Files turned up 3298 matching lines for this symbol throughout our solution.) Is this now a configuration option or something that I need to turn on?

VA_X.dll file version 10.8.2029.0 built 2014.02.24
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.30729.1 Professional
msenv.dll version 9.0.30729.1
Font: Courier New 13 (pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.7601.17514

Dave W.

dewtell

18 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2014 :  7:16:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah - I just found the "Display references from all projects" button on the Find References window. Is this not the default any more?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2014 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a new install, or have you upgraded to a new version of VA, on a machine where you were already using VA?

If you have upgraded then your existing settings should have been preserved. For a new install this is the new default behaviour for Find References. It speeds up searching in large solutions with many projects, and can be easily changed if it does not help. Working out the correct default behaviour is always a little tricky, hopefully this default won't cause to many problems.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000