Technical Support
 Update 2023 broke PyTools and VS2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Senzin

4 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  1:57:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Had Visual Assist X 2001 installed and Python Tools 2.0 for Visual Studio 2012. Installed VA 2023.

Upon startup, VS reported that PyTools could not be started along with some VS features (don't remember exactly what). Going to Tools->Extensions resulted in more errors but did not actually open the extensions list (so I couldn't turn any on or off).

I ran the PyTools installer again and that fixed everything.

I love Visual Assist, but it has temporarily broken Visual Studio about three or four times in the last couple years when updating the extension.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  5:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that.

Visual Assist's installer only extracts an .vsix file and then the file is installed by Visual Studio 2012.

If you download the file itself from the following link, and launch it, Visual Studio 2012 will handle the file and install the extension:
http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/D6678A1F-C700-4532-8C5E-A799D875063D

The reason that we have an installer is that it can install Visual Assist for all visual Studio versions, including VS2008 and older, where the installation process is controlled by our installer, and not Visual Studio.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000