Technical Support
 Highlight variable color error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BigHands

28 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2013 :  08:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On a fresh install of Visual Assist my variables will be highlighted with an orange background when I double click on them in the editor:

However, if I change the variable color to something other than the default, the background color changes:

The only way to get the orange background back is to disable VAX syntax coloring:

The Visual Studio "Find Match Highlight" is always orange no matter what VAX is set to. What's happening here? Where is the alternate background color coming from? How can I make sure my background is always the color that is set in Visual Studio (e.g. orange)?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2013 :  6:23:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you look and see if you have:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Refactoring -> Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor

turned On or Off please? I am guessing the highlighting is coming partly from this setting, if so, turning this setting off should help.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

BigHands

28 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2013 :  08:37:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That setting is turned off. And no matter what combination I do of that setting, or "Automatically highlight words matching comment under cursor" or "Highlight references using", the color never runs to orange (i.e. the Visual Studio 2012 default).

I have tried this with both the latest general release and release candidate versions of VAX.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2013 :  9:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is strange. Can you please try turning off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results

as well, and see if this makes a difference? An IDE find should not normally be triggered just by double clicking on a symbol, but perhaps something different is happening on your system.

Once we can work out what is triggering this highlighting hopefully we can do something about it.

Go to Top of Page

BigHands

28 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  08:32:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

This is strange. Can you please try turning off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Highlight find results

as well, and see if this makes a difference? An IDE find should not normally be triggered just by double clicking on a symbol

Sorry for the late reply - I've been on vacation. This change worked great and the variables now have an orange background.

Now that you mention it, you're right about IDE find. The double click highlight feature is coming from an extension I use called Progressive Scroll. Between that, VS2012, and VAX, the line is very blurry to me as to what tool actually uses which feature - I just know I use them all. :)

Anyway, problem solved - thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2014 :  1:36:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well designed tools, VA included, integrate so well well into the IDE it is hard to tell where one stops and the next one starts. But this can also occasionally confuse the situation, as happened here. I am glad this is now resolved and things are working correctly for you :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000