Technical Support
 create implementation issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rahulkhare

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  4:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I add a method to a class and in the header file right-click on the method for Refactor->Create Implementation, the first time "Create Implementation" is inactive. Only by right-clicking the method again and then selecting "Refactor" do I find that the "Create Implementation" becomes active. I am using VS 2010, Win 7 x-64 and VA 10.7.1929.0. Is this because something runs slow on my machine or is it a bug?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2013 :  5:54:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA needs to parse the file, to detect the new method before it is able to offer refactoring on the new method. If you pause typing and wait for VA to colour this new method as a method, is Create Implementation now offered the first time you try?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

rahulkhare

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2013 :  09:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What I described earlier was well after I had stopped typing for quite some time. I had first declared all the methods and was running the "Create implementation" one by one. I just learned that I can do all the create implementations in one go.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2013 :  2:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=73065

So far this only seems to be effecting the right click menu for me. If you use the IDE VAssistX menu, or the VA refactoring context menu - accessed via the down arrow that appears when hovering the mouse over the function Create Implementation is being offered reliably.

Of course triggering Create Implementation on the class, to do all of the functions in one go is the easiest solution here, if that is what you are doing.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000