New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

endasil
Starting Member

Sweden
1 Posts

Posted - May 12 2012 :  3:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the preferences i can choose to only accept with enter button (under "Selections commited with", however this does not seem to work.

If i type in FB i get the choices Facebook and fbAsyncInit, since i FB is what i wanted to type i do not press enter, but instead press ".". Now visual assist ignores my option to only accept with enter and writes in OVERWRITES my text with one of the options in the listbox. This makes the suggestion system in visual assist an annoyance rather than help. Is there a way to to fix this so the behavior is what i have configured it to? Is there a way of shutting down the suggestion system of visual assist and still use the other features?

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - May 14 2012 :  7:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a short and a long answer

Short: You can disable Visual Assist suggestions: VA Options -> Advanced -> Include suggestions in listboxes

Long: You should be able to control how you would like to accept the listboxes.
Which Visual Studio version and programming language are you using?
The option which you can use to disable the behavior you don't like dependent on programming language, IDE version and the listbox type (suggestion vs. member listbox).
Can you please take a screenshot of the listbox and the surrounding code after you have typed in "FB"? Once I'm able to reproduce the effect, I will suggest how can you disable the unwanted behavior.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000