Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VS2013-RC: conflicting settings (C++, possibly c#)

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robindegen Posted - Sep 14 2013 : 08:20:44 AM
The setting "Insert () and closing } ) ] ' "" conflicts with the Visual Studio 2013 "Automatic brace completion". It's confusing to have both settings. I usually have all the automatic stuff turned off. This time i was struggeling to figure out why it kept still doing it while it was turned off in Visual Assist already.

It also seems to conflict with the /** autocomplete for:
/******************************/
/* */
/******************************/

since it adds another / at the end of it if you leave the setting turned on in Visual studio.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Sep 25 2013 : 4:43:25 PM
case=76840 is implemented in build 2001.
support Posted - Sep 25 2013 : 4:42:39 PM
case=75035 is fixed in build 2001.
robindegen Posted - Sep 15 2013 : 2:04:10 PM
Thank you for your response. It's not so much a technical conflict, just a usability conflict, which is somewhat confusing, that's all. I think adding a warning would help a lot. Perhaps asking the user if he maybe wants to have the vs setting disabled too if he unticks the va setting?
sean Posted - Sep 14 2013 : 09:32:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The problem with the /* is fixed in our next build (case=75035).

We'll consider a warning if the ide auto brace completion is enabled when you disable va auto completion. We aren't aware of any conflict in the functionality in the two implementations. case=76840
robindegen Posted - Sep 14 2013 : 08:22:09 AM
It didn't let me edit, but my build is 10.7.1949

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000