Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 I might be old but....

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
waday Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 5:12:55 PM
Seems to me that a while ago when I typed in a for loop or an if statement, VA(?) would add a comment after the closing brace to help identify which for or if the brace belonged to. I noticed today that VA wasn't doing that anymore (v1624) and then I realized that it stopped doing it before that. I searched but couldn't find anything that said it was taken out.... Am I that senile? Or maybe it wasn't VA doing it?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
waday Posted - Jan 23 2008 : 09:22:05 AM
Eureka! You are right, that was it. My mistake.

You are right keeping the comments up to date was a problem but I used it more to mark which end brace belonged to which opening brace. Came in real handy for nested loops. But I have kind of gotten away from that and using the collapsing regions instead. Kind of a left over from pre visual studio days I guess
feline Posted - Jan 23 2008 : 08:37:14 AM
I recall an article from codeproject about doing this. From memory it was related to the king tools set of macro's. This is not something VA has ever done. One simple problem with doing this is keeping the comments up to date as you edit the code.

Instead just place the caret immediately before closing bracket and look at VA's Definition field (normally at the top of the editor) to see what is on the matching opening bracket
waday Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 7:47:04 PM
Interesting.... maybe it was something else doing it and I always thought VA was doing it.

Told ya I was senile
rhummer Posted - Jan 22 2008 : 7:18:37 PM
I don't ever recall VA X doing that, but you can easily edit the VA Snippets so they have a comment after the closing brace.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000