Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

OmegaNemesis28

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 13 2022 :  12:38:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I didn't expect the IDE's clang formatting to depend on the intellisense database, but indeed it does. That is a bit unhelpful, I assume that clang format has been merged into the IDE, rather than existing as a stand alone tool.

If you want to try disabling IDE intellisense, I have found this extension:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=LLVMExtensions.ClangFormat&ssr=false#overview

based on a couple of quick tests, it is picking up and using my ".clang-format" file without having to do anything, but it is using a different keyboard shortcut to trigger formatting by default than the IDE.

For plugin parsing, setting:

VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Upon opening a file, parse all other unparsed files in the same directory:
* if Solution is not empty

Since the plugins are split into directories, this will let VA parse one directory at a time, if the files have not already been parsed. Not ideal, but it should help.

Another thought, although it is rather manual, is to make a backup copy of VA's symbol database directory after VA has finished parsing everything, but before you have done much, so open the IDE, let VA's parsing finish, I am thinking over night here, then close the IDE and back up the directory. From the log file line above we know it is currently stored in:

c:\users\SomeUser\appdata\local\microsoft\visualstudio\16.0_ccada75a\extensions\xlb0fwhn.es0\Data\vs16_1
you could use a script to copy the database copy back across, and then load the IDE, so it gets done in "one" action.

A bit ugly, and I would love to get to the bottom of this corruption problem so you don't have to consider this, but it is a thought.

So I went ahead and disabled the intellisense database setting, and the issue still occurs. Possibly worse than before, VS crashed at least once. But otherwise, I just shutdown VS like normal.

Today I've had VSX reparse my solution 3 times today alone, over an hour of time lost waiting for it parse. I can't really be spending my time like this unfortunately, so I have to move on.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
17822 Posts

Posted - May 13 2022 :  06:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All I can do is apologise again, but given the problems you are seeing, I can see why you have to move on.

I just hope that things go more smoothly for you in the future.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2021 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000