Registration process is dealbreaker
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ifisch

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  5:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will not be recommending this extension to friends and peers in the coding community.

The registration process is insane. It's 2021 and I have to wait until 9am Monday to receive the license I paid for? Seriously, what the fuck is this?

I've been buying software and digital assets for decades, and this is the first time I can remember having to wait days to receive a license.

Really I can't think of any piece of software, digital art, piece of music, etc, that I'd had to wait more than a few minutes after purchase.

You know you can always grant the license immediately and RETRACT it later if it doesn't meet your standards or whatever.

If there had been a warning telling me, I would have never completed the purchase.

I can't imagine how much money you're losing because of this bullshit.

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  03:59:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am truly sorry for the delay. I realize this can be frustrating, especially over the weekend. I will be forwarding this to our general manager, who will take your feedback seriously. Every customer is important to us. It is unfortunate to hear that you have had such a negative experience.
Go to Top of Page

ifisch

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2021 :  1:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisG

I am truly sorry for the delay. I realize this can be frustrating, especially over the weekend. I will be forwarding this to our general manager, who will take your feedback seriously. Every customer is important to us. It is unfortunate to hear that you have had such a negative experience.

I think that it's a very bad idea for every paying customer's first experience with your software to be one of anger and frustation if they happen to buy your product....at night...or over the weekend...or during normal business hours if they happen to live in Europe or Asia or Australia.

You guys need to fix this ridiculousness.

Go to Top of Page

ifisch

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  11:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bumping because still pissed.
Go to Top of Page

HateDread

Australia
23 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  6:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
100% agree with this - I'm in Australia and have been shafted by this multiple times, as have dev friends of mine. We keep complaining every time on Twitter, but probably good to reply here too.

I feel your pain, @ifisch. It's ridiculous.
Go to Top of Page

Alan Baljeu

Canada
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  10:10:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I concur. I didn't experience delays but i did experience much confusion, getting emails from Embarcado (who?) and WT and multiple numbers and registrations. All these details ought to be hidden. All we want is pay money, enter email address and password, get account.
Go to Top of Page

ifisch

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2021 :  8:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine just asked me if he should get it. I told him to look for an alternative, solely due to the shitty purchase process.
Go to Top of Page

kornman00

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2021 :  9:13:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
+1 on registration friction issues.

When Idera Corp acquired WT the product registration method changed, requiring a login rather than just entering key information in VS. I'm guessing this was part of the solution for integrating with the new parent org.

Looking back at my emails from when I last renewed in 2019 (went for the 36-month term back then), I had issues waiting for the new license information. The purchase had to go to the finance department and from there it is/was apparently a 1-3 business day turn around. I had renewed on a Thursday, didn't get a serial until Monday. Then I had to contact Licensing to actually create an Idera account to complete registration so I could login to it in Visual Studio. It was *not* a user friendly experience, especially as a returning customer.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000