Visual Studio 2010: VA menu disabled/greyed out
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eddieparker

39 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  2:16:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello:

For some reason all the Visual Assist options from the menu (including the enable/disable visual assist option and the 'option' option) are disabled and greyed out. The only 'usable' items are VAssistX->Tools->VA View and VAssistX->Tools->Find References, but VA View is empty when opened.

My keyboard shortcuts don't work either (i.e. Shift-Alt-O), and the member function dropdown doesn't show up.

I've tried reinstalling several times, and tried a devenv /resetsettings and nothing's changed. Is there anywhere I can look on my system for more information as to what's going wrong?

Cheers,

-e-

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2010 :  7:44:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you use Microsoft Security Essentials or Microsoft Forefront as your antivirus software? If so, these products flagged one of our components as malware recently. The false positive has since been corrected, so if you use these products please make sure to get the latest virus definitions. The fastest way to get going again after updating your virus definitions is to uninstall Visual Assist X from Visual Studio 2010 via Tools - Extension Manager (if you are using VS2010), then reinstall using the .exe installer to deploy to VS2010 and earlier IDEs (if applicable):

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  11:08:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are running VS2010 as an administrator you may need to turn ON the following IDE option after installing VA to get it to work:

IDE Tools menu -> Options -> Environment -> Extension Manager -> Load per user extensions when running as administrator

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

eddieparker

39 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2010 :  1:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good catch - it was the Microsoft Forefront causing a problem.

Thanks for the tips!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000