Frustrating "suggestion" problem in 1738
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

znakeeye
Tomato Guru

379 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  11:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just installed VAX 1738, and noticed that typing the first letters of NEWLY added class X does not show it in the suggestion list until I include its header!

I really think VAX should parse files immediately when they are added to the project.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2010 :  11:52:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the class name for this newly added class coloured correctly in the header file where you have added it? If so then VA has parsed the new class.

The suggestion listboxes are just VA's best guess. Since this is a new class VA has no history of you using it a lot, so it is debatable if it is something that we should suggest when there is no include statement.

Another factor is how unique the new class name is. I have just tested this in VS2005 with VA 1810. I have added a new class with the name testNewClassSuggestionThing to a header file, and then in a different cpp file that does not include this header file I started typing. This new class name is suggested when I have typed testnewcl

Before this it was not suggested, but other, possibly more reasonable things were suggested instead. So it took a while for the new class to be suggested, but it was suggested for me.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000