Whole Tomato Software
Posted - Nov 05 2009 : 9:55:12 PM
| We're pleased to announce the availability of our first beta build supporting Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2.
The Visual Studio 2010 extension package can be downloaded from:
The Visual Studio Version Selector should automatically run upon clicking the link if Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 is installed. If not, save the file and run it on a system that does have Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 installed. No administrative privileges are required to install. Visual Assist X does not support Visual Studio 2010 Beta 1.
Installing a vsix will only affect Visual Studio 2010. Previous releases of Visual Assist X installed in other versions of Visual Studio will be unaffected by this installation.
If you are running Visual Studio 2010 with administrative privileges, you will need to explicitly allow extensions to run (for best vsix effect, enable this before running the installer):
Tools | Options | Environment | Extension Manager | "Load per user extensions when running as administrator"
Support for Visual Studio 2010 is ongoing. This is just our first beta release.
Some things now operate a little differently.
- VA no longer underlines source code in C/C++.
- C++ include directories are now project defined. VA will use the platform include directories defined in your project unless you specifically change the VA Platform option to Custom.
- If you have automatic symbol reference highlighting enabled in both VA and in C#, VA will not highlight in C# files. Disable the IDE option (Tools | Options | Text Editor | C#) if you prefer VA highlight behavior.
A short, incomplete list of known issues:
- QuickInfo tooltip text is invisible if coloring of tooltips is enabled.
- Brace highlighting uses the color you select, but the bold attribute is not applied.
- Changes made to project references or project include directories will not be picked up until the project is reloaded.
- VA suggestions are active in box selection (multi-line) edit mode (and shouldn't be).
- When a members listbox first appears after '.' or '->' the horizontal position is incorrect and gets adjusted when the first character is typed.
- VA is not yet using IDE themed colors in toolwindows, etc.
- Text in C# breakpoints may intermittently be colored (no coloring should take place).
- VA X Brace and VA X Find Reference color items may not be editable in the IDE Options dialog. Workaround is to exit the IDE and delete this registry key: HKCU\\Software\\Microsoft\\VisualStudio\\10.0\\FontAndColors\\Cache
Edited install instructions Nov 11 due to fixing VSIX mime type on server.
Edited by - sean on Dec 14 2009 8:23:59 PM