Many writes to startup.log
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

scottbilas
Ketchup Master

72 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  9:35:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I have VA running (current build) I have noticed that it's writing to startup.log in appdata\\local\\visualassist pretty regularly. This is preventing my notebook drive from powering down. I have VS minimized while this is happening. Procmon tells me it's writing about every half second or so, about 44 bytes each time.

Is it possible to disable this? I can understand a log while vs.net is starting up for diagnostic purposes, but while it's sitting there minimized? Tailing the log gives miles of this kind of entry...

EDLck Wait::1429 11/2/2007 18:31:56 0x1268

Can this be disabled?

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  10:53:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many instances of the IDE do you have running? Any there any instances in the task manager process list that don't have UI displayed? VA is blocked - maybe another IDE instance crashed? If you restart the IDE (after ensuring there are none others running), you shouldn't see the logging continue.
Go to Top of Page

scottbilas
Ketchup Master

72 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2007 :  1:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OOh, yes, that's what was going on. I did have a couple minimized and somehow one of them was hung and the other was blocked. When I killed the first one, then the other was hung and I had to kill it too.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000