Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2320 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2006 :  5:23:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VS2005, C#, debugging application

When the application is running, but not broken into, typing in the member list is impossible. VS will always immediately come up with an error
Edit and continue
Changes are not allowed while code is running or if the option 'Break all processes when one process breaks' is disabled. ...

I dont see any reason why VS should think that I am trying to modify the code. I vaguely remember some thread about that some time ago? Has that beed addressed? Is is new or is it returned?

jpizzi
Tomato Guru

USA
642 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  01:24:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there was a thread about this. It turns out that the keystroke is being received by the IDE before we can get to it. Not much we can do about this. Sorry.

Joe Pizzi
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2006 :  1:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this is not new, it has been around for a while. some progress was made, but it is not a complete solution. you can use alt-m to open the list while the application is running without an error. if you stick to using the mouse to select from the list then there is no problem.

enter does select the current item, but you still get the error message.

if you disable edit and continue:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Debugging -> Edit and Continue -> Enable Edit and Continue

then this stops the error message appearing. the root problem is the IDE is flagging the files as read only while the program is running, and is picking up the keys you type into the alt-m list.

case=1243

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000