Corresponding *h/*.cpp file not always working
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BugTrapper

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2024 :  1:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If I switch between different documents *.h und *.cpp then it happens sometimes, that the button for switching to the corresponding file is grayed out.

Newest VA-Version with VS2022, newest version

In VS2019 this was working.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18934 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  09:18:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When this happens, if you change to a different file, and then come back to this file again, is the button then enabled?

What about the menu option:

VAssistX -> Open Corresponding File (h/cpp, aspx/cs)

If you look in VA's Open File in Solution dialog, Alt-Shift-O, and filter on "BaudrateDialog" how many files are shown? If there is more than 2 files, VA tries to pair them up for Alt-O, but depending on how many files there are, and what directories they are in, this can get confused.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

BugTrapper

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  11:58:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I switch between other files and come back, there is no change in the symbal bar buttons, they are still disabled.

"VAssistX->Open Corresponding File" in VA-Menu is also grayed out.

I have exactly 2 files, if I filter the VA's find dialog for files in solution. I see baudratedialog.cpp and baudratedialog.h

The only action that switches between .h and .cpp file and vice versa is clicking with right mouse key on the document, and click on the menu entry "Header/Source file switch" of the Visual Studio built in Context menu. That works always.

Go to Top of Page

BugTrapper

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2024 :  1:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's working now.

I switch to a new Win11 pc. Installed everything new. I noticed, that I have fewer rights to the folders C:\Program files and C:\Program files(x86).
So I run VS2022 in administrator mode.

On the Win10 computer I run VS2022 without admin mode. But still only use every day on Win10 the old Visual Studio 2019. On Win11 I want to upgrade all my projects to VS2022.
I just noticed, that on the Win10 computer Visual Assist runs without any big problems with VS2022.

So I unchecked the "Run as administrator" of the start icon on the desktop on the Win11 PC and relaunched VS2022 again.
Now the navigation bar is working as expected, the "Goto" button is there, also switching between .h and .cpp files is working as expected.

Argh................:-)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18934 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2024 :  12:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I said in one of the other threads, no problems for me when running VS2022 as administrator under Windows 11 for me. So whatever is going on, its not automatically happening everywhere.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000