New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaewonoh
Starting Member

Korea
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  12:34:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"the security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. select yes to enter a new key, or no to revert to the default setting (if any)."

//////////////////////
You are about to purchase a new license and apply it.

Please tell me how to delete it.
(We used to use a company license.)

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2023 :  08:23:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can uninstall the current version of Visual Assist via the IDE extension manager dialog, if this is what you are asking how to do.

If you are using VS2012, VS2013, VS2015 or VS2017 you want the dialog:

IDE tools menu -> Extensions and Updates...

If instead you are using VS2019 or VS2022 you want the dialog:

IDE Extensions menu -> Manage Extensions

locate Visual Assist in the list of installed extensions, and you can uninstall it from here. This will require an IDE restart to take effect.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2023 :  07:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried this, but still it is asking for the user name and key. Could you please help me further.

Thanks,
Lokesh
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2023 :  08:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Visual Assist listed as an installed and enabled extension in your extension manager dialog?

How many fields does this dialog have? Assuming you are using a recent version of Visual Assist, the registration dialog should have 3 fields, asking for your license key, OR name and password. You can see a screen shot of the expected dialog on this page:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W841

Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2023 :  11:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's listed and enabled.

(1) Initial dialog:
The security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. Select Yes to enter a new key, or No to revert to the default setting (if any)

(2) After selecting Yes, next dialog:
Enter the registration name and key below, exactly as given to you.
Name: [______]
Key: [______]
[OK Btn] [Cancel Btn]

I am getting dialog 2.

Thank you.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Edited by - lokeshgovindu on Sep 20 2023 11:15:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2023 :  06:15:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the other thread where you are asking about this, you are using VS 2022 Professional 17.7 and VA VA_X_Setup2502_0 Build2023.5.

This is not the normal Visual Assist license dialog, which is why you are going to have problems entering your license key into this dialog.

Can you first confirm that if you go into the dialog:

and disable Visual Assist and restart VS2022 this dialog goes away? I don't want to just assume that this dialog is coming from VA, even though I suspect that it is.

Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2023 :  06:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, after disabling VA extension this dialog won't come. I am sure it is coming from VisualAssist only.

quote:
Originally posted by feline

From the other thread where you are asking about this, you are using VS 2022 Professional 17.7 and VA VA_X_Setup2502_0 Build2023.5.

This is not the normal Visual Assist license dialog, which is why you are going to have problems entering your license key into this dialog.

Can you first confirm that if you go into the dialog:

and disable Visual Assist and restart VS2022 this dialog goes away? I don't want to just assume that this dialog is coming from VA, even though I suspect that it is.

Thanks,
Lokesh

Edited by - lokeshgovindu on Sep 21 2023 06:19:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2023 :  08:01:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was concerned that might happen. Have you used previous versions of Visual Assist on this machine? I am wondering if this is a problem with the latest version, or if you have seen this problem before.

Assuming you are only using VS2022, can you please try going into the dialog:

and Uninstalling Visual Assist. This will require an IDE restart to take effect.

Can you then please close VS2022, and download and install the VS2022 specific installer for VA 2502. In theory the exe and VS2022 specific installer should produce exactly the same result, but I have run into a handful of cases now where the IDE specific VSIX installers seem to be more reliable, so this might help:

https://downloadfiles.idera.com/WholeTomato/VA_X_Setup2502_0_x64.vsix

Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2023 :  09:50:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have used older version on this machine. I uninstalled VA from extensions and removed registry entries and next installed VA_X_Setup2502_0_x64.vsix, still dialog "the security key for this program currently stored on your system does not appear to be valid for this version of the program. select yes to enter a new key, or no to revert to the default setting (if any)." coming...
Is it possible to get the two-line activation key (username and key) from the serial? Could you please help me in this regard. I have spent lot of time on this.

Thank you.

Thanks,
Lokesh
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2023 :  10:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you remember which version of VA you were using before? For the moment moving back to that version is going to be the fastest solution to get VA up and running again for you while we try to get to the bottom of this.

What I believe is happening is that something is tripping up the internals of the license checking code, which is a bit of a black box, on your system, which means that a 2 line key isn't going to work either.

Do you have any "unusual" programs or tools installed? Do you work on driver or other low level programming, and have tools for this installed?

Given 2 different installers are producing the same problem I don't think we can blame a corrupt download of the installer for the problem, so we are going to have to look elsewhere for the trigger.

Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2023 :  12:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't remember the exact version, used long time back, I do remember it's having only 2 lines activation key.
I don't know what's happening, could you please help me in getting that two-line activation key. I want to try this one and leave it if it doesn't work.
Note: I have installed VS 2019 and VA, getting the same error.

Thanks,
Lokesh
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2023 :  05:54:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have the 2 line license key on hand? There is a good chance we will need it to register an older version of VA, while looking into this. If you do have the key on hand, what is the support end date? This is at the end of the first line of the key. I can then tell you which version to download, so we can get you working again, and then we can focus on trying some tests to try and get a newer version working reliably.

Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2023 :  08:40:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could get the old license information ([email protected] (1-user license) Support ends 2013.03.28) and entered this info in UserName & UserKey and fortunately these information has been accepted. After that I could register using my new serial.
Thank you so much for your kind help.

Thanks,
Lokesh
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2023 :  10:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, really glad this worked for you and you are able to work with VA again successfully.

Go to Top of Page

lokeshgovindu

India
9 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2023 :  10:59:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, thank you :-)

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Thank you for the update, really glad this worked for you and you are able to work with VA again successfully.

Thanks,
Lokesh
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000