"List Methods of Current File" should work alone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Adequat
Tomato Guru

182 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2022 :  05:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"List Methods of Current File" currently requires the "VA Navigation Bar" to be visible.
This is a pity because I don't like the VA Navigation Bar" to be visible.

My request is simply this: if the "VA Navigation Bar" is not visible, then the "List Methods of Current File" should appear in a dialog (same fashion as Find Symbol, and that would be consistent)

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2022 :  06:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you want a constant list of the methods in the current file, doesn't VA Outline offer this? Or are you looking for the search / navigation feature, rather than the display?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Adequat
Tomato Guru

182 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2022 :  03:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA Outline consumes screen estate and doesn't have a search function, I don't have this window open all the time; only when I need to reorganize a file's code.

What I am looking for, is a way to locate quickly a given method within a (large) file. So I am looking for a search feature...

Ideally, I press a custom shortcut and get a dialog that lists all these methods, and pick the one I want to navigate to.... exactly as I do with the (great) VA Symbol dialog...
somehow I need a VA Symbol dialog restricted to the contents of the active file...

Edited by - Adequat on Jun 24 2022 03:35:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2022 :  07:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That makes more sense, thank you. Someone else asked about the same thing, so having a separate keyboard shortcut to open the dialog in current file only mode would be a reasonable approach to this idea:

case=61558

Out of interest, is it just a screen space issue, or is there some other reason for not showing the VA navigation bar?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000