Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 "List Methods of Current File" should work alone

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Jun 23 2022 : 05:16:17 AM
"List Methods of Current File" currently requires the "VA Navigation Bar" to be visible.
This is a pity because I don't like the VA Navigation Bar" to be visible.

My request is simply this: if the "VA Navigation Bar" is not visible, then the "List Methods of Current File" should appear in a dialog (same fashion as Find Symbol, and that would be consistent)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 24 2022 : 07:03:09 AM
That makes more sense, thank you. Someone else asked about the same thing, so having a separate keyboard shortcut to open the dialog in current file only mode would be a reasonable approach to this idea:

case=61558

Out of interest, is it just a screen space issue, or is there some other reason for not showing the VA navigation bar?
Adequat Posted - Jun 24 2022 : 03:34:32 AM
VA Outline consumes screen estate and doesn't have a search function, I don't have this window open all the time; only when I need to reorganize a file's code.

What I am looking for, is a way to locate quickly a given method within a (large) file. So I am looking for a search feature...

Ideally, I press a custom shortcut and get a dialog that lists all these methods, and pick the one I want to navigate to.... exactly as I do with the (great) VA Symbol dialog...
somehow I need a VA Symbol dialog restricted to the contents of the active file...
feline Posted - Jun 23 2022 : 06:58:23 AM
If you want a constant list of the methods in the current file, doesn't VA Outline offer this? Or are you looking for the search / navigation feature, rather than the display?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000