New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BOSSHOG
Starting Member

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2022 :  08:16:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After my trial version ended after 7 days, instead of the promised 30 days, I want to get rid of Visual assist at all, because of the annoying popup window, that the trial version has expired. This message comes up with every start of visual studio. The offered button to revert to the earlier, licensed version does a download of the install package but cannot be executed for whatever reason. The installer ends immediately after start, without any message. Since visual studio covers most of my requirements, I decided, after almost 20 years of use, to go without Visual Assist for the future. My question is:
How can I uninstall Visual Assist from my computer? There is no function offered for this procedure by Visual Assist and even no entry in the Window�s �Programs and Features� list.
Thank you
Friedhelm Michel
Aries Wings Consulting

ChrisG
Whole Tomato Software

USA
299 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2022 :  09:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Here is our documentation on uninstalling. In short, you can use Manage Extensions inside Visual Studio.
https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W388

I'm sorry your trail ended early. The full 30 days is if you have never used Visual Assist before, otherwise it's a 7-day trial for new versions of the product.

Unfortunately, our older installers can crash if you have ever installed Visual Studio 17.1 Preview 2.0 or later. That issue is fixed in build 2022.1.

EDIT: If someone needs to install an older build and is experiencing the crashing issue, please ask [email protected] for a VSIX installer.

Edited by - ChrisG on Mar 14 2022 09:27:58 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000