Hover info is excessive due to VA
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shippy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2020 :  9:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my project, we use doxygen syntax like @brief and @param. VS 2019 will pretty print this when hovering over a symbol. Recently I've noticed that right after it, I'll get a big spew of the original comment like this:

/**
* @brief blah blah
* @param foo that you can pass to blah blah
*/

Not only is it repeated information, it sometimes makes the hover info so large it fills a large part of the screen. I disabled VA and noticed the comment stuff went away and I was left with the pretty print from VS. I tried re-enabling VA and turning off Quick Info and its options under 'Display', but they persist. How can I disable this? The Visual Studio behavior is much preferred here.

-Shippy

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2020 :  07:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't realise that VS2019 now formatted Doxygen comments like that in the tooltips, that is rather helpful.

You cannot currently stop VA placing its comment block into the tooltip if VA is enabled, I have put in a feature request to let you turn this off:

case=143085

for now, to keep the tooltips smaller, you can turn Off the IDE tooltip via:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> IntelliSense -> Auto Quick Info = False

but you will want to make sure you turn On the VA quick info tooltips, unless you want to turn off all tooltips on mouse hover:

VA Options -> Display -> Show Quick Info tooltips for more symbols

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000