Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2320 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2020 :  12:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When invoking VA.GotoMember, the following comes up:

The constructors 4-6 dont go anywhere when selected. And as you can see on the following image, there are really only 3 ctors. (btw: you got the class in the project I sent)

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  07:45:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Testing the latest Q7 solution I have from you, I am sitting in "Label.cs", line 30, and using Alt-Shift-G on the "ExpandString" symbol. I only get the first 3 constructors, and no dividing line.

If you jump to the "ExpandString.cs" file and trigger

VAssistX -> Tools -> Reparse Current File

and then return to Label.cs does this make any difference? You should not need to reparse the file, but I am wondering if this will make any difference. It is as if VA has strange / invalid entries in its symbol database for this solution. This might explain some of the other odd problems you have, but doesn't suggest any obvious cause for these problems.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2320 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  04:15:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Makes no difference at all. Also rebuilding the database didnt change it. Still seeing it.
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2320 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  04:29:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And I see it in other classes too. Here in a class from an imported package:

items 3-6 are not clickable
Go to Top of Page

Uniwares
Tomato Guru

Portugal
2320 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  04:40:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And another variation of the same, pay attention to the differently qualified parameter types between repeated constructors (int and Int32)

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18749 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2020 :  12:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you sure a VA symbol database rebuild does not help? I ask because I think I have just reproduced your problem here. I am sitting in your Q7 solution, in the file "User.cs".

If I start with a VA symbol database rebuild, then load the Q7 solution and this file, and go to line 24, then "Image" is shown in italics, and the Alt-Shift-G menu on "Image" has 4 entries, no "Definition" line, and lists 4 entries for constructors.

If I use Alt-G on "Image", I am taken to a generated "Image.cs" file deep under the %TEMP% directory. Return to the "User.cs" file, now Alt-Shift-G menu on Image has 5 entries, and 5 constructors are listed, and there is a line between two blocks of them.

For me, this is behaving just like:

case=142203

but this is a simpler, one solution only way of triggering this problem. I have updated the case with this version.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000