Crash in VS2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aric

4 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  11:15:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I use shortcut of VS2019, like ALT+F12 or F12 or the operation like below

, then edit in the child window, use some times, the VA_X will be crash, like the figure below,

If this problem happened, I must to restart VS2019.
This problem exist from the first version which support VS2019 to the lastest version 2333.

Edited by - Aric on May 22 2019 01:18:54 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  07:01:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have any other extensions installed?

How often do you see this problem? Every time? Once in 10? Once in 100? I am wondering how easy to reproduce this is. So far I have not been able to reproduce this problem.

If you change to another code file does this make any difference?

You mention F12, for me, working in C++, F12 is taking me to the definition (header file) of the function name. It is not showing a child window for me. Alt+F12 and using the screwdriver toolbutton commands are both showing a child window for me. So I am wondering if F12 is doing something different for you?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Aric

4 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  08:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only instal VA_X. I can't find the law to reappear this problem now. But this problem happens many times when I am work with my program. Can you add some log, then when the problem appear, I can send the log file to you.
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Do you have any other extensions installed?

How often do you see this problem? Every time? Once in 10? Once in 100? I am wondering how easy to reproduce this is. So far I have not been able to reproduce this problem.

If you change to another code file does this make any difference?

You mention F12, for me, working in C++, F12 is taking me to the definition (header file) of the function name. It is not showing a child window for me. Alt+F12 and using the screwdriver toolbutton commands are both showing a child window for me. So I am wondering if F12 is doing something different for you?

Edited by - Aric on May 22 2019 08:52:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18750 Posts

Posted - May 24 2019 :  08:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is VA logging, but you need to turn this on before producing the problem, so this won't help much.

Next time this happens can you please grab a mini dump of "devenv.exe", the IDE, and send us the dump file? This will grab a copy of the current state of the IDE, and hopefully will give us some idea about what VA is doing, and why it is inactive. If you are not sure how, this page explains how to grab the mini dump:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W303

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 24 2019 :  11:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are actually experiencing a crash, capture a minidump of the crash and we can investigate. Details here: https://docs.wholetomato.com/?W303
Go to Top of Page

Aric

4 Posts

Posted - May 25 2019 :  10:26:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't find the devenv.exe in "Attach to process" in VS2019,like the below

quote:
Originally posted by feline

There is VA logging, but you need to turn this on before producing the problem, so this won't help much.

Next time this happens can you please grab a mini dump of "devenv.exe", the IDE, and send us the dump file? This will grab a copy of the current state of the IDE, and hopefully will give us some idea about what VA is doing, and why it is inactive. If you are not sure how, this page explains how to grab the mini dump:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W303

Edited by - Aric on May 25 2019 10:27:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - May 28 2019 :  12:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you attaching the debugger before the crash or afterwards? If not before, do so before and then repro the steps to cause it to crash. When it crashes, focus should move to the debugger to display a messagebox stating that an exception/crash occurred. Also, enable VA logging before starting to repro the problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000