case 96301 still waiting for a fix...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CliffyP
Ketchup Master

56 Posts

Posted - May 07 2019 :  10:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been 4 years since I reported the problem. It seems there is no intention to fix it?

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - May 07 2019 :  12:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The function being coloured as a comment, when there is a tooltip being shown in the comment. We are still aware of this bug, and it is still in our list of bugs to fix, but it only happens under some conditions. It is, as always, a matter of balancing new features, new bug reports and older bug reports.

Is enabling IDE default intellisense an option for you? With this enabled the problem should not come up. But I do realise this is often not a useful approach or option.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

CliffyP
Ketchup Master

56 Posts

Posted - May 10 2019 :  12:24:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Except that this is an advertised feature. If an advertised feature is not functioning as advertised then that is false advertising.

New features are irrelevant in the face of that.

Yes priorities matter, it is illogical to fail to prioritize ensuring advertised features work as advertised and to do so going on 4+ years!

I get that it is a 'minor' feature, yet to me the syntax coloring is the most fundamental feature of VAX. It needs to work properly and consistently.

I bought VAX explicitly so that I would not have to use the dumpster fire that is intellisense. Yet whole tomato is telling me to use that which its product is supposed to supplant!? I mean give me a break!

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  11:13:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand that this is very frustrating. Am I correct in thinking that this effects nearly all of your tooltips for functions with comments?

I ask because very few users have ever reported this problem, and when I first tried to reproduce this myself, I found it very hard to do so. There is a specific pattern / structure to the comments that is required to trigger this, and most code we encounter and parse does not match this pattern, so people don't see this bug. None of which means that the bug is not serious, and does not need to be fixed.

This is actually down as a high priority bug, but we still need to allocate our resources somehow.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000