Use ov VA Snippets in XML editor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phillipfoose

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  08:54:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure if I'm just doing something, wrong or if I'm missing something, but I'd love the ability to add VA Snippets for use in generic XML documents (I've noticed there is an XAML language setting in the snippet editor, but doesn't seem to apply to just plain XML files).

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2018 :  12:44:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a first step, can you please close all instances of the IDE, and then use regedit to enable VA in additional programming languages, as explained here:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W326

with this done the command:

VAssistX -> Insert VA Snippet...

should be active and available in XML files.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

phillipfoose

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

As a first step, can you please close all instances of the IDE, and then use regedit to enable VA in additional programming languages, as explained here:

https://support.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W326

with this done the command:

VAssistX -> Insert VA Snippet...

should be active and available in XML files.

That works, thanks! Is there any plan on adding this officially, or at least some sort of non reg edit toggle?
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  09:44:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No current plans to make the setting more available, because support for other languages is only partial. There are now a lot of languages and file types, so we decided to focus our attentions on C, C++ and C#. This setting enables the "current" level of support for other languages, but this support is not being updated. It is often enough, but when its not enough, we don't want people thinking we are supporting these languages actively.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

phillipfoose

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2018 :  1:31:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

No current plans to make the setting more available, because support for other languages is only partial. There are now a lot of languages and file types, so we decided to focus our attentions on C, C++ and C#. This setting enables the "current" level of support for other languages, but this support is not being updated. It is often enough, but when its not enough, we don't want people thinking we are supporting these languages actively.

Totally understand, just needed it for the snippets to help ease some pain of manually writing out some XML.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000