Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VS 2015 Unreal Engine - Missing include path.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amimoller

Denmark
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  06:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
At some point a few weeks ago, va stopped adding full path for includes in my unreal project. Both at work and at home.
I have tried the include options you can set in the options in visual studio and also the regedit tweak that disabled short includes (AddIncludePreferShortestRelativePath = 0)

No matter what i do it never fills out the correct path to the include.
It could have been related to upgrading to UE 4.18.

What am i doing wrong?
Cheers
Jonas

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  1:16:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have downloaded and installed UE 4.18, and using UE 4.18 I have created a new game project, and opened the solution in VS2015.

At this point, where in the solution / project settings have you set your include directory?
What have you set this to?
Also, what is the base path of your solution?

I can then try setting up a similar test here, but unfortunately I cannot really tell much about what you have done from this description.

Does the project compile? I am wondering if Unreal its self can find the header files, so it's just VA that is having problems finding the header files? If so, this would suggest the directories are being stored in a setting / location we are not checking. If so, knowing how you are setting and editing these directories would be very helpful.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Amimoller

Denmark
12 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  02:01:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The project compiles fine.
It works as expected for files in our own project, just not the engine.
I suspect it happened during upgrade from 4.17 to 4.18.
I was also running VS 2017 for a week, but i had to go back to 2015 due to instability.

I have not changed any include paths, I just let unreal generate the solution files.
The solution directory is: C:\Perforce\FSD

Cheers
Jonas
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  10:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried the following test, which is hopefully a good test for what you are seeing.

I used Unreal Engine 4.16.3 to create a new, First Person project, and added a new Character class to this default project. Starting in the header file, the class is derived from "ACharacter". Placing the caret into this class name and pressing Alt-g takes me to the file:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.16\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework\Character.h

I then closed VS2015, and Unreal Editor. After loading Unreal Editor 4.18.1 I loaded my test project, and told the editor to make a copy and convert it. Once this was done, and the newly converted project was opened, and loaded in the IDE, I returned to my test character class, and again did the Alt-g, which now takes me to the file:

C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Classes\GameFramework\Character.h

Which is the converted version of the library.

Am I testing the right things here? Does this look like a valid test, based on the problems that you are seeing?

Please note that VA had to re-parse the solution after it was converted. This happened naturally for me, but if this did not happen, it might explain the problem you are seeing.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000