New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wesley_D

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2017 :  09:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I am not sure if I am in the right forum to discuss this problem, but I am doing it anyway.

I have a problem when using the Go to implementation function from VAssistX in Atmel Studio version 7.0.1645. This works for the normal symbols that I make myself and for the Arduino included library files like LiquidTWI.

I am using the vMicro plugin to work with the Arduino zero board.
In order to save the Arduino library files with my project I include them manually and they are stored in the project folder.

So far so good, but when I am using the "go to implementation" function from VAssistX it goes wrong. Some symbols can be found and others can't. The files that can't / should be found are in this folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\SAMD21_DFP\1.2.280\samd21a\include\component (I checked it with an other PC, where it works.)

So I tried to add it to the visual assist option -> directories.
But it doesn't seem to work.

Kind regards,

Wesley

Edited by - Wesley_D on Oct 31 2017 09:24:27 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2017 :  10:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you post the full path of one of the files that is not being found. I am wondering if it is in the directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\SAMD21_DFP\1.2.280\samd21a\include\component
or in a subdirectory.

When you have tried this on a second PC, are you working with the same solution, or a different solution?

Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Wesley_D

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  05:09:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can do that for you this is the full path to the file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\SAMD21_DFP\1.2.280\samd21a\include\component\gclk.h, so it is not in a subdirectory.

I am working on a different solution on the other PC. I am trying out different project "structures" to get a good workflow and safe all the needed files into the project folder.

It's quite funny it actually worked this morning! Yesterday I added the folder to VAssistX and it did not work but now it does work. Nothing changed the PC only went in standby.

For testing: I deleted the path to the folder that contains gclk.h and it did not work anymore!(after restarting Atmel Studio). Then I did add the path again and the "go to implementation" function worked(after restarting AS).

I think I wanted to much yesterday; Updated Atmel Studio and Updated vMicro. So when doing this my advice is to restart the PC, maybe this will fix the problem?
Not every "got to implementation" symbol works yet, I think I just have to include the other folders next to the component folder also and then it probably works.

The copy of the system info is:

VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2093.2 Atmel built 2016.03.24
AtmelStudio
msenv.dll version 14.0.23107.0
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.15063.0
Windows 8 6.2 Build 9200
8 processors (x86-64, WOW64)
Language info: 1252, 0x413

Platform: Custom
Stable Includes:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Atmel\Studio\7.0\packs\atmel\SAMD21_DFP\1.2.280\samd21a\include\component;

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:

Edited by - Wesley_D on Nov 01 2017 08:43:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  06:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a restart of AtmelStudio is probably important here. Under some conditions VA is not able to find changes to your project / solution settings until you reload the solution. A slightly quicker way to test if this is the problem here is to simply close the solution via:

IDE File menu -> Close Solution

wait a couple of seconds to let this finish, then reload the solution. This should make sure that VA picks up any changes to your directory settings.

VA does need to be told which library directories to search, but once this has been set up this should work correctly and reliably.

Go to Top of Page

Wesley_D

Netherlands
3 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  08:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also did the restarts / close solutions yesterday multiple times, it did not work.
I think a complete PC restart after updating Atmel and vMicro works. I can't test this anymore because everything works fine right now.

In this case it does need to be told where it can find this libraries, when I delete the paths to it the "go to" function does not work anymore. With or without the paths set in VAssistX the code will compile. So it looks like it is not picking up the files.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18724 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  10:03:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very strange, and now it is fixed, there is nothing to investigate for now. If you have the time, would you be able to make a new, simple test solution, and see if it shows this problem? I am wondering if I could get a copy of something from you that has this problem, so I can study it here and try to work out what is going wrong.

If this is possible, please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000