How to re-open the suggestion listbox?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andresantacruz

Brazil
2 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  05:09:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I'm testing the VissualAssist trial and I'm wondering how I could open the suggestion/enhanced listbox when it close.

For example: if I start typing 'FV' the suggestion listbox open up but if I hit space or escape the listbox will close and I couldn't figure out how to open it again without type something in the word 'FV' I was typing. In the documentations I found that hitting ctrl+space should do this, but it doesn't work for me.

Any tips?

So far the tool seems awesome though!

Searching for the void

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  08:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you seeing any listbox at all when you press CTRL-SPACE? A longer listbox of all valid symbols at this point? Something else?

Which IDE, version of VA, and programming language are you using?

I am glad the trial is making a good impression on you, we work hard to make VA as helpful as possible

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

andresantacruz

Brazil
2 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  08:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Are you seeing any listbox at all when you press CTRL-SPACE? A longer listbox of all valid symbols at this point? Something else?

Which IDE, version of VA, and programming language are you using?

I am glad the trial is making a good impression on you, we work hard to make VA as helpful as possible

Yes, hitting ctrl+space I see the listbox, but only for the code that are already there. When Im typing new code it works as I told.

Im using Visual Studio Community 2017 and the latest version of VA with C++ (native).

Searching for the void
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - May 06 2017 :  3:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So long as you are seeing a valid and sensible listbox on CTRL-SPACE then the listboxes are working as intended.

Do you have any of the check boxes under:

VA Options -> Suggestions -> Suggestion and Completion lists

turned On? If not, turning this on may well help. If you turn On:

VA Options -> Floating Buttons and Icons -> Denote content from Visual Assist with tomato icons

it should be easier to see what is happening in the listbox, since VA suggestions that have been inserted into the listbox will have tomato icons.

I don't understand what you mean about "but only for the code that are already there"? VA and the IDE can only suggest functions and variables that have been typed, and are known. If you have VA Snippets turned On, then snippet shortcuts will produce listbox entries to expand the shortcut into the code block, but apart from this, we need to know what to suggest before suggesting it.

Can you explain what you mean here, and what you are seeing, and then not seeing?

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000