Fix menu case in VS2012 and VS2013
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mwb1100
Ketchup Master

82 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  5:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's probably not really something that's in VAX's domain, but I'd love it if VAX had an option to fix the case of the menus in VS2012 and 2013. I know I only rarely have to dig up the registry file to perform the fix myself, but it irritates me to no end when I have to do it.

If VAX had a checkbox in Display or General to set the SuppressUppercaseConversion registry value that would make me happy.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2013 :  6:51:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have put in a feature request to see what the developers make of it:

case=78832
Go to Top of Page

foxmuldr
Tomato Guru

USA
384 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2013 :  08:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I've seen, VS 2013 is moving toward a heavily online presence with your settings and documents being maintained by a Microsoft account. It's something that places all of your activity under their continuous microscope and observation. It is a scary concept given the revelations this year by Edward Snowden and Microsoft's participation in information sharing. As such, I would advise not using Visual Studio 2013 at all (on principle alone).

Edited by - foxmuldr on Dec 07 2013 10:41:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2013 :  3:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For now, this page explains the registry setting used to turn off the all caps menu's, since I also really dislike them:

http://www.richard-banks.org/2012/06/how-to-prevent-visual-studio-2012-all.html

For VS2013, I have this installed on a testing machine that is kept off line, and VS2013 is perfectly happy. I did need to enter my license key into the IDE, but there seems to be no need or requirement to actually sign in. We fully support VS2013, if you choose to use this IDE, and the older IDE's as well, so use the IDE that works best for you and your needs.

Visual Assist is entirely local, so no online account required or used there. You don't even need a forum account for support, since you can do that via email if you prefer.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000