Resharper for C# and VAX for C++
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

costa

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  1:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello:

I am currently using Resharper for C# projects, but I am looking at VAX for coding C++. Is it possible to have both such that Resharper takes care of C# projects and VAX takes care of the C++ projects only?

thanks

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  4:28:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can use the Extensions to ignore feature:

VA Options -> Projects -> File Handling -> Extensions to ignore

Put .cs to the editbox to ignore C# files.

Anyway, why do you want to do this? Are you seeing compatibility problems between the two extensions?

Edited by - accord on Nov 15 2013 4:28:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

costa

2 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2013 :  5:22:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't buy/try your product yet. It was recommended on a stackoverflow post and I liked what I saw on your website with regards to the C++ coding assistance.

I am currently using Resharper and it is quite a resource hog (and yes, if you must ask, I am using an SSD and the cpu is pretty fast). I do not want to add another add-in on top of that to battle for the same thing.

I've been reading another thread on this forum on the same subject from 2010-2011: http://forums.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9637. I thought you must be tired of this question and by now you have added a way of disabling VAX for C# type projects (web or not). Another way would have been to split the product in 3, an add-in for C++, one for C# and one for both. I am interested only in the C++ support.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000