Visual Studio "Go Back" functionality issue
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Predelnik

Russia
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  05:55:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While using VAX "go to", I constantly have to use Visual Studio Back function (Ctrl + '-') two times to go back where I was, the first time it only brings me to top of the current file. That is very inconvenient.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  2:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen this in older IDEs (e.g. VS2010), but didn't saw this for a while.
1. What Visual Studio and Visual Assist version are you using?
2. Are you always seeing this? I saw this occasionally but not always. Can you please try identifying a pattern so I may be able to reproduce this here, using your pattern?

For now, you can try using Visual Assist's back and forward features. You can assign them here:
Tools -> Options... -> Environment -> Keyboard

Here you can filter for "VAssistX.NavigateBack" and "VAssistX.NavigateForward".
Just make sure use select "Text Editor" under "Use new shortcut in:" for both before assigning them.
Visual Assist's navigation features behaves a little bit differently, but I have found them to be more reliable.
Go to Top of Page

Predelnik

Russia
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2013 :  3:17:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I have to stick to VS2010 sadly, but looks like this happens every time the file was changed during "Go to". Though I'm not sure that VS2010 is too old to give up on it)
Thanks, I guess I'll try using Assist's navigate back and forward, if basic behavior is the same, that's good enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2013 :  3:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I also saw this with file changes, but this isn't enough to reproduce the problem here. Not even in VS2010 using VA2001.
If you are using an older build of Visual Assist, you may want to try the latest to see if it helps. Or you can stick to the VA's navigation commands, if they will work out for you.
Go to Top of Page

Predelnik

Russia
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2013 :  10:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I'm using newest version, actually that's pretty strange because my colleague has the same problem on VS2010. The only difference from common case maybe that it's Russian localized VS.
And also yes, VA's navigation commands work fine so I guess sticking to them is a working solution)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000