New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jzq740176597
Tomato Guru

China
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2013 :  9:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I admire "Goto Recent Mothod" function is very powerful and I'm very familiar with it and utilize it for many times every day instead of the IDE's counterpart.

But some disadvantage or weakness is here:

(1)I can't designate a Accelerator Key for it like other functions in vs.
Now I have to toggle the VA context-menu then choose it or press "M".
If it can be callout like the va-paste which will immediately display a list for choosing will be awesome.

(2)the info is insufficient sometimes or Key-point info is hard to recognize and pick up.
insufficient > Refer to the snap picture above,the first 3 lines of the menu.
only file-name + lineNum is insufficient for user to judge whether the place is right or not for going.Actually,Many times I will try it and see, OOp-?-?not here. And Alt+<- navgate back.

In my opinion:

a.this menu show be colorful,like the Find-refercences results.At least, color or Bold the class-name and method-name make user faster and easier to identify the key-info.

b.when the user hang to one item,can show a snap of the place with sereral lines of code as the context.like hanging on Find-refercences results.

I think that really make sense and really strengthen that function will comprehensively extend the usage of it.

Creation come from persist!

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  6:09:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. We are considering doing this at some point:

case=5912

2. Let's focus on the problems first: I am missing function names (global C-like functions), while I am seeing method names (member functions). Are you seeing the same problem there, or are you experiencing a different problem?
Go to Top of Page

jzq740176597
Tomato Guru

China
329 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2013 :  8:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I am missing function names (global C-like functions), while I am seeing method names (member functions). Are you seeing the same problem there, or are you experiencing a different problem?

Yes! I do.The sample above is the instance of missing names of the member-function . traverseied.h is a template class with all static member fucntion.

I'm very confusing about the reason for missing the name of member-function.May your team can optimize the algorithm! best!

Creation come from persist!
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2013 :  4:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to reproduce your problem using static methods:

case=77130

I like the idea of a colorful new list for recent methods so I have put in a feature request for this to see what the developers make of it:

case=77131
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000