Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
User name:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your password?

 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 list of methods incomplete
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mael15
New Member

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  02:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi,
i am using visual assist 1925 in visual studio 2012 with c++. when i hit "list methods in current file", some of the methods are missing in the list although i see them in the file and in the visual studio list.
i already tried:
- reinstalling visual assist
- clear cache and rebuild database
- enable logging and reparse current file -> the word "error" cannot be found in the va.log file
how can i fix this?
thanx!

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
15984 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2013 :  10:48:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anything odd or different about the methods that are missing from this list?

If you go to one of the missing methods, and then comment out the entire function above it, is the missing method now listed in the list? Sometimes this problem is caused by something in the function above confusing our parser. One known effect that can cause this is mismatched brackets, like this:

void functionWithMismatchedBrackets()
{
#if 0
    {
        {
#endif
}


If you are able to send me the file I can have a look and see if I can work out what is going on. I realise this is often not possible, but its worth asking on the off chance. If it is possible please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
15984 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2013 :  11:12:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the file, thank you for this. I have found the problem, it is actually down to the bracket formatting. Change the line:

void PlotterXytRecd::onMouseMotion(wxMouseEvent &event) {

to read:

void PlotterXytRecd::onMouseMotion(wxMouseEvent &event)
{


and the function is listed correctly. Very unexpected.

The same fix works for the function "PlotterXytRecd::propagate" as well. I have put a bug report in for this:

case=72323

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

mael15
New Member

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  02:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice, thank you!
i hope this bug will be fixed before my personal licence expires ;)
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
15984 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2013 :  4:46:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It actually turns out its not just the formatting that is triggering this bug. Its the formatting combined with the symbol "event", which is a C++/CLI keyword that VA is aware of. So changing the parameter name to something other than "event" is an alternate solution to fix the problem.

I am not sure when this will be fixed, but this thread should be updated when the bug has been fixed. In the mean time, hopefully you don't have to make to many code edits to work around it.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness

Edited by - feline on Feb 12 2013 4:47:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

mael15
New Member

3 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2013 :  05:31:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i can easily "search & replace", thank you!
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2641 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2013 :  01:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
case=72323 is fixed in build 2023.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2019 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000