Technical Support
 Too many projects?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pdoup

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2012 :  5:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been having fits with this for a few days now and I'm trying to figure out what's going on with it. Right now if I go into the options and force it to rebuild the symbol databases, I'm having trouble getting all of the "non-stable" source code to be parsed. It seems like all of the API documentation I have configured in the C++ directories gets parsed when I open a file that references any of it, but none of my files in the solution do, even if it's the header file for the CPP file I have open. None of my own symbols get parsed until I manually open the header file for it myself.

It seems like it's related to the number of projects that are in the solution or simply the number of files. As of the time of testing this today, I first tried it with 112 projects in the solution and experienced the issue. Later I removed some projects and got it down to 80 in the solution and didn't experience the issue. I have only noticed this very recently since I updated to the latest version, but I can't guarantee that it isn't related to a recent increase in code base size rather than a bug introduced in the latest version.

More details:
Visual Studio 2008
Running the latest version 1916
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Edited by - pdoup on Sep 15 2012 5:35:33 PM

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2012 :  4:36:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear that.

1. Do you remember which version of Visual Assist were you using before you installed 1916?
2. If you press Alt+Shift+O, do you see all your files in the solution? (including the headers)
3. Can you please try

1. close your solution
    2. rebuild your symbol databases
    3. after the restart of Visual Studio, turn on logging (VA Options -> Performance -> Enable logging)
    4. open your solution again
    5. wait while VA is parsing
    6. collect and send in the log files

You can read more about logging and where you will find the log files, here:
http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305

You can send in the log files using the following form:
http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

Please include the URL of this topic in the description field, so we can match it up.

Edited by - accord on Sep 16 2012 4:45:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

pdoup

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  08:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have done as you asked. Curiously, there was no "errors.log" in any of my folders in C:\\Users\\<user>\\AppData\\Local\\VisualAssist
Go to Top of Page

sean
Whole Tomato Software

USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2012 :  2:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Moved to support email.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: