Technical Support
 va1908 problem with multi-line comments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zhangxaochen

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  04:23:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
VA1908 seems does not recognize multi-line comments, if the comment is in style:
/**
some code commented here
*/

then the code commented will be parsed too, and the real code below may not be parsed correctly.depressing...
hope your team will fix it

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2012 :  4:30:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This sounds familiar to me we have fixed something like this recently, but cannot find the case right now, so not sure which build contains the fix. Can you please try the latest version to see whether the problem is fixed?

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

You can try the latest version even with expired license, for 3 days, and you can go back to your original version anytime.

In case the problem is not fixed in the latest build: can you please post here a complete example where the real code after the comment is not parsed correctly? I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here using VA1912.
Go to Top of Page

zhangxaochen

2 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2012 :  05:18:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by accord

This sounds familiar to me we have fixed something like this recently, but cannot find the case right now, so not sure which build contains the fix. Can you please try the latest version to see whether the problem is fixed?

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

You can try the latest version even with expired license, for 3 days, and you can go back to your original version anytime.

In case the problem is not fixed in the latest build: can you please post here a complete example where the real code after the comment is not parsed correctly? I wasn't able to reproduce the problem here using VA1912.

thx for reply, it works with 1912!! i'm so happy seeing that.
bad news is, before i saw your words, i had just mashed the whole solution...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000