New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Benji

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  07:36:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

First of all, thanks for a great extension, I love it! I'm having one issue though..

The syntax coloring in C# doesn't work very well for me. I have set up my own colors in VA X, and from what I can tell, it's the default VA colors that show up in the source code.

I'm using VS2010 (on Win7x64) and I don't seem to have any conflicts with the VS2010 settings listed on the site. I'm also using the latest VA X release candidate (10.7.1912.0).

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin

Edited by - Benji on Aug 10 2012 07:41:05 AM

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  10:50:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you restarted the IDE since installing VA? If not, can you please do so, and see if this makes any difference?

Are you seeing this problem in the editor, or just in tooltips? There is a known IDE bug that changing the VA colours does not effect the tooltips in VS2010, but it does effect the editor.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

Benji

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  10:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm getting some weird behaviour.

After restarting, the C# syntax works fine. The c++ syntax is however the same default colors as the C# syntax was highlighted with earlier. Another restart switches it around again. It's a C++/C# application.

I can also tell you that I have two different VS2010 open.

Edited by - Benji on Aug 10 2012 11:00:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  12:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you please close all instances of VS2010, and make sure you don't have any dead or hung "devenv.exe" processes in the background.

If you now open just a single instance of VS2010 what happens with the colours? If you have two instances of the IDE open at the same time, and make changes to your VA settings in one instance, the last instance to close saves out its current settings on exit, overwriting any changes the first instance to close may have made, so this could be a factor here.

Go to Top of Page

Benji

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  03:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd guess that it could be the dead devenv.exe I didn't see in my taskbar. I rebooted my PC and it seems to work fine now. Thanks for the help!
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2012 :  2:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am glad this is now working for you, thank you for the update. Obviously if the problem comes back again please let us know, and I will do what I can to help.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000